Job ID: 556638
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Bli Bli
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates four business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects Rail and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
Downer's Road Services business unit is one of the largest non-government owned road services businesses in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 40,000 km of road. Our Business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the country.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Asphalt Foreman to join our Bli Bli business. You will be responsible for supervising the activities of the road pavement construction rehabilitation team ensuring they work in a safe, timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within the asphalt, surfacing, paving or related industries
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management would be highly desired
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated evidence of actively promoting and sustaining a Zero harm environment
- Efficient organisation and supervision of people, plant and machinery
- The ability to minimize return mix from sites, maximize crew productivity and reduce truck waiting time
- High attention to detail with conformance to specifications and quality procedures
- Supervision and organisation of sub-contractors
- Identify opportunities; improvements and solutions which will impact on the business
- Proficient communication skills and the ability to manage and build sound client worksite relationships
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
For more information please contact: Helen Kruimel – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner, Infrastructure Services, mobile number 0409 072 562
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time