Community Relations Advisor
Job ID: 556670
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
The Downer PipeTech business currently delivers water mains renewal (PB), civil maintenance sewer / stormwater pipe repairs and alterations (CM) and CCTV inspections and minor repairs (RO) for water authorities. A separate culvert rehabilitation (TL/CIP) provides services to road/rail/mining clients.
Before the start of works, the business unit distributes Works Notice to local residents and businesses who may be impacted by the works. These notices outline the location, nature and timing of the works as well as potential impacts. With numerous Water pipelines infrastructure projects underway, Downer ITS Pipetech team is currently seeking an experienced Community Relations Advisor in a fulltime permanent capacity for Seven Hills, Sydney office.
About the role:
Reporting to the NSW State Manager, this role involves implementing diverse communication and stakeholder engagement strategies to drive community and stakeholder satisfaction. Key activities include:
- Delivering the program-wide Community and Stakeholder Engagement Plan
- Delivering community and stakeholder engagement campaigns for water pipeline projects
- Proactively advising project stakeholders of upcoming works that may impact them
- Being the first point of contact for day-to-day stakeholder enquiries and complaints
- Conducting negotiations with stakeholders about property access, construction works and site restoration
- Travel in and around the construction area to attend project sites and visit community members.
- Demonstrated experience working in community engagement roles
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience working on construction projects
- A genuine interest in forming positive working relationships with team members and stakeholders
- Knowledge of planning, design and construction terminology and processes
- Current drivers licence
In return we offer:
- Unique opportunities to work for an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment are at the forefront of all that we do.
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team.
Click “Apply” to get your application underway. Please include a cover with your resume. Job Reference 556670.
For more information about this position, please contact Sanjay Kumar – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner, Downer Infrastructure via phone 0418-621-926 or email Sanjay.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply online.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time