GM - People & Culture
Job ID: 556679
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: North Ryde
Categories: Management, Human Resources
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
This role will be pivotal in the delivery, execution and implementation of strategic and operational HR and IR services, programs and activities within our large Utilities business unit. With a philosophy centred on building trusted relationships, you will have an innate ability to influence, lead and coach your client group in solving complex strategic and operational HR and IR issues.
You will demonstrate the emotional intelligence and commerciality to challenge the 'status quo', influence change and develop a winning culture. Furthermore, you will be an inspirational leader and someone who can develop and enunciate a clear vision and work with a geographically diverse team to achieve it.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Degree qualified in HR and or a related discipline
- Substantial HR generalist experience in a similar national role gained a large multi-site infrastructure/construction environment with demonstrable experience across the Utilities Infrastructure sectors
- High level IR/ER management experience including the application and interpretation of industrial instruments and legislation within the Australian IR Legislative framework
- Experience in developing and delivering successful workforce planning outcomes
- Experience in providing effective strategic HR advice and support to leaders on issues including the development and delivery of cultural change, building talent and capability and coaching
- A pragmatic and commercial focus on solutions to complex industrial / HR issues
- Financially astute and demonstrable experience in managing budgets to deliver projects, plans, change programs and events aligned to the overall business strategies
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills with a solid ability in negotiation, persuasion and positive engagement with senior leaders
- Leadership and mentoring of a geographically dispersed team of HR practitioners
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications will not be accepted via email.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time