Job ID: 556716
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Management, Operations/Production
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Due to project success, Downer are now seeking an Operations Manager to join the team located in Derrimut. This role will see you as an integral part of the Powercor Business team, supporting the Networks Business plan, operational direction, key deliverables and future success of the business. A strong element of the role will involve the delivery of all civils works for Powercor business unit and any external contracts, projects and company initiated capital works program. Significant experience of underground electrical work combined with operations, program and project management will ensure your success in this position.
The ability to effectively manage the operation of the Powercor Civils Business Unit to deliver effective operational outcomes by developing and maintaining close relationships with key stakeholders, monitor and manage key performance indicators as well as the effectiveness and execution of strategies, balance risk and resources across the business unit along with ensuring compliance requirements are met will be critical.
- Significant experience in the same or similar role with Engineering & Project Management qualifications will be essential
- Extensive relevant industry experience especially in underground electrical infrastructure combined with the ability to effectively lead a multidiscipline construction project team
- Competent in MS Office, Microsoft Project (or Primavera P6), Expert Estimator and Risk analysis
- Demonstrated experience around successfully managing risk, finances, subcontractors & procurement, estimating and OHS
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment that offers long term, stable work
- A supportive and dynamic team environment
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment
For more information please contact: Elysha Evans– Talent and Sourcing Business Partner and quote reference number 556716.
E: Elysha.Evans@downergroup.com (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time