Account Executive (Business Development)
Job ID: 556742
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: North Ryde
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Marketing & Business Development
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
An exciting new opportunity for an Account Executive - Business Development to join the Downer Rolling Stock Services (RSS) business unit within our Commercial Bids team.
The Account Executive is responsible for sourcing and developing business opportunities and be the key customer facing representative for business growth strategy and new sales. The role will work across both the Service Delivery and TLS businesses with a focus on identifying, shaping and closing opportunities by maintaining close working relationships with key client and industry stakeholders.
The role will be focussed on Downer’s Rolling Stock Services offerings including frontline maintenance, overhauls, refurbishments, technology upgrades and modification programs.
- Work with facility GM’s to develop, update and execute a Sales and Revenue Plan for each State
- Identify new revenue opportunities for business growth in target markets
- Identify and meet with key client representatives and be the key representative for Downer
- Establish a stakeholder engagement plan for key clients to support relationships across multiple levels of management
- Liaise with the Bids team to produce winning proposals leveraging Downer’s capabilities, advising on bid win themes and competitor analysis
- Participate in the bids governance process ensuring bids are submitted on time and to the highest quality with appropriate approvals
- Lead or participate in contract negotiations, operating according to Group contracting limits and directions given by the RSS leadership team
- Maintain sales forecasts and budgets
- Ensure Downer’s CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics) is updated with the latest opportunity data
You will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Engineering, Marketing, Business Administration/Management or similar
- Solid experience in a senior customer facing sales role/BD role in a heavy manufacturing or engineering field
- Experience in large scale tendering
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of the railway industry (particularly in relation to rolling stock) (preferred)
- Experience in working with State Government (preferred)
- Experience producing Bids and proposals to win business
The role will manage business development responsibilities for NSW / VIC, some travel to VIC will be required. This is a permanent role offering an attractive remuneration package.
If you are interested please click “Apply now” or contact Rachel.email@example.com for more information
Please note we do not accept applications sent directly via email
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time