Operational Supervisor - Mowing and Gardens
Our Tauranga base team have an exciting opportunity to join the Downer family as a Operations Supervisor.
This role will provide operational leadership on a key long term maintenance contract of the Mowing and Gardening teams looking after parks and reserves in the beautiful Bay of Plenty.
About the role:
You will be involved in the leadership, planning, organising, and delivery of Mowing and Gardening maintenance activities. You will need to ensure that all maintenance activities are undertaken to schedule to ensure that work is completed to the satisfaction of clients and all targets around productivity, financial, quality and safety are met.
You are expected to work 'hands on' to ensure cover for the operations and to provide training, development and leadership for team members.
You will have experience in:
- Undertaking commercial mowing/turf management and gardening operations (at least 5+ years)
- Qualification in Horticulture or Turf preferred, but not essential
- Experience in managing and working in a diverse team of people
- Experience driving operational activities to ensure quality is achieved, work completed to schedule and rework is minimised
- Proven successful track record in developing a culture that supports zero harm management, encouraging and rewarding excellence
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong Problem Solving skills and a 'can-do' attitude
- Full clean Class 1 driver's license (Class 2 preferred)
This is a great time to join the Downer team and take the next step in your career with an organisation committed to the lifelong development of our people.
We're WorkSAFE: Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
APPLY NOW by visiting www.downercareers.co.nz and entering 556791into the keyword search.
Back to search results