Payroll Supervisor Mining - BSC
- Opportunities for flexible work
- Focus on wellbeing with gym subsidies and other health benefits
- Work for one of Australia’s largest and most recognisable companies
- Enjoy countless opportunities for internal career development
The Payroll Supervisor is a critical role in the Business Services Centre, responsible for the daily co-ordination and input into the delivery of a high quality comprehensive set of payrolls within their team. The role is responsible for providing training and support to a small team of Payroll Officers and Senior Payroll Officers. This will include managing the team through allocating workload, goal-setting and coaching and development.
The role is required to assist in the completion of the team’s work and the timely preparation of payroll related data, customer service, reconciliations, month end activities, statistics and other duties as specified by the BSC management team.
In addition you must be able to:
- Effectively lead and manage a team, including the ability to plan and organise work, provide coaching and guidance to team members, set and help team members achieve goals, undertake the Performance and Development Process for team and Performance Management
- Communicate information effectively to a range of stakeholders, including business customers, HR, Finance and Accounting teams, and adapt communication style relevant to audience
- Formulate strategies and concepts to ensure that team delivers in-line with SLA’s
- Plan and manage workload, to ensure that individual and team goals and KPI’s are met
- Develop own understanding of processes and suggest and/or implement process improvement initiatives as required
- Work well in a fast-paced, hands on environment and quickly shift focus as required
To be successful in the role you must:
- 2+ years’ experience managing a team, including responsibility for organising and delegating workload, performance and development planning, tracking and reporting on KPI’s and performance management if required
- Demonstrable delivery of timely and accurate HR/Payroll services in an autonomous role with a high volume of transactions (minimum 600-700 emps) with a minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience using Oracle V12, Oracle Express HR or JDE V9
- Experience in Payment Summary Processing, reconciliations and Month End Processing
- Financial reporting background eg, General Ledger reconciliation and journaling
- Managed workload distribution at a senior level – capable of assisting the team to complete workload and acting as an escalation point for the rest of the payroll team
APPLY today for this great opportunity!
Back to search results