Plumbers - Hawkes Bay
The Downer New Zealand Engineering Services team provides comprehensive, nationwide specialist services in the area of facilities management, building maintenance and open space management. We are entering into a long term Asset Management and Facilities Management contract with the Department of Corrections and Ministry of Justice. This contract involves the proactive and reactive maintenance on a national portfolio of approximately 300 facilities across New Zealand.
We now have opportunities for Plumbers in the Hawkes Bay. All positions are full time, with a guaranteed min 40 hours per week and will be responsible for building maintenance while delivering excellence customer service to our clients.
Your day-to-day duties will include the general maintenance and repair of the facility, whilst working safely and meeting our client and the contracts needs. You will also be responsible for recording information about projects and jobs using a tablet so some computer skills are preferred.
What's on Offer?
- Permanent, full time opportunity
- Guaranteed 40 hours!
- Friendly and professional team
- Long term contract – long term work
- A commitment to health and safety
- Have a Current NZ plumbing qualification
- 3-5 years commercial and residential experience
- Trustworthy and able to work unsupervised
- Excellent safety, quality and environment awareness
- A full class one Drivers' Licence and ability to drive a manual vehicle
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Physically fit and agile –carry out regular bending/lifting tasks
- Comfortable working with technology (similar to a tablet)
- Professional personal presentation
- Willingness to pitch in and do all roles when required
Downer has a companywide focus on training and development which gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career – Take a step towards making this career a reality.
If you think you are up for the challenge and have a "can do" attitude interested parties Don't delay! APPLY NOW, by visiting www.downercareers.co.nz and entering 557171 into the keyword search.
All applicants will be required to provide proof of their eligibility to work in New Zealand.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical and Ministry of Justice checks.
Back to search results