Qualified Plumber - Mt Eden
We need a qualified Plumber to join our growing team in Auckland based at Mt Eden Prison. Full time positions, guaranteed min 40 hours per week and will be responsible for proactive and reactive building maintenance, with never the same thing happening on any day! If you like being kept on your toes, have patience and want independence as well and are willing to work within the Corrections and Justice environment providing a service to New Zealanders - keep reading!
About the Role:
Your day-to-day duties will include the general maintenance and repair of the facility - there will be things you have never seen before with no one day being the same! You will also be responsible for recording information about projects and jobs using a tablet so some computer skills are preferred.
What's on Offer?
- Permanent, full time opportunity
- Guaranteed 40 hours!
- Friendly and professional team
- Long term contract – long term work
- A commitment to health and safety
- Have a Current NZ plumbing qualification
- 3-5 years commercial and residential experience
- Trustworthy and able to work unsupervised
- Excellent safety, quality and environment awareness
- A full class one Drivers' Licence and ability to drive a manual vehicle
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Physically fit and agile –carry out regular bending/lifting tasks
- Comfortable working with technology (similar to a tablet)
- Professional personal presentation
- Willingness to pitch in and do all roles when required
Downer has a companywide focus on training and development which gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career – Take a step towards making this career a reality.
If you think you are up for the challenge and have a "can do" attitude interested parties Don't delay! APPLY NOW, by visiting www.downercareers.co.nz and entering 557179 into the keyword search.
All applicants will be required to provide proof of their eligibility to work in New Zealand.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical and Ministry of Justice checks.
Back to search results