HVAC Technician - Otago Roaming Team
The Downer New Zealand Engineering Services team provides comprehensive, nationwide specialist services in the area of facilities management, building maintenance and open space management. We are entering into a long term Asset Management and Facilities Management contract with the Department of Corrections and Ministry of Justice. This contract involves the proactive and reactive maintenance on a national portfolio of approximately 300 facilities across New Zealand.
We now have an opportunity for a HVAC Technician to join our roaming maintenance team in Otago. All positions are full time, with a guaranteed min 40 hours per week and will be responsible for building maintenance while delivering excellence customer service to our clients.
Your day-to-day duties will include the general maintenance and repair of facilities on the contract, whilst working safely and meeting our client and the contracts needs. You will also be responsible for recording information about projects and jobs using a tablet so some computer skills are preferred.
What's on Offer?
- Permanent, full time opportunity
- Guaranteed 40 hours!
- Friendly and professional team
- Long term contract – long term work
- A commitment to health and safety
About the role
Be prepared to:
- Carry out service & maintenance work on HVAC equipment without direct supervision and lead if necessary
- Interact well with customers and other team members
- Complete related paperwork to a high standard within required timeframes
- Carry out installation work in related HVAC fields
- Be available to go on an on-call roster
- Undertake training in other areas of the HVAC industry
The ideal candidate would be a confident qualified tradesperson fully experienced in a wide range of mechanical services work such as air-conditioning, pipe-fitting, welding, ductwork installation and able to work alone or take responsibility as the need arises.
You should have:
- Proven / established experience in the HVAC industry with some Control’s skills
- Knowledge of and commitment to Health & Safety
- HVAC trade qualifications with at least five years' NZ experience
- A proven background in HVAC installation, maintenance, servicing and remedial repairs
- Electrical Service Technician License
- Refrigerant Handlers License
- A high degree of self-motivation with the ability to work unsupervised
- A passion for maintaining a safe work environment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent safety, quality and environment awareness
- A full class one Drivers' Licence and ability to drive a manual vehicle
- Comfortable working with technology (similar to a tablet)
- Willingness to pitch in and do all roles when required
- Willingness to travel the Otago region for work
Downer has a company wide focus on training and development which gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career – Take a step towards making this career a reality.
If you think you are up for the challenge and have a "can do" attitude interested parties Don't delay! APPLY NOW, by visiting www.downercareers.co.nz and entering 557209 into the keyword search.
All applicants will be required to provide proof of their eligibility to work in New Zealand.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical and Ministry of Justice checks.
Back to search results