Assistant Project Manager
The Downer New Zealand have entered into a long term Asset Management and Facilities Management contract with the Department of Corrections and Ministry of Justice, and we are currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join our Programme Management team on this contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a high performance team who are focused on delivering outstanding project outcomes for the Department of Corrections and Ministry of Justice. Reporting to the Project Manager this role involves assisting the PM with a variety of projects regionally across multiple contracted facilities that directly contributes to the overall team performance. In this key position you’ll be assisting with the delivery on all contractual obligations and revenue generation and ensuring the projects performance meets all customer requirements, delivering on safety, optimising resource use and the achievement of target results.
About the role:
As the Assistant Project Manager, your main responsibility will be to assist with - identifying, scoping, estimating, coordinating and taking ownership for the delivery of a programme of minor works (covering building / facilities work, electrical, mechanical, HVAC) and other key activities across the contract by owning the end-to-end delivery, including client liaison.
Other duties will include:
- Working with the Project Manager , Site Managers, Regional Operations Managers, Supervisors, Field Tech’s, Sub-contractors and Client to assist with schedule and deliver the required works including – scoping, quoting, POs, start and completion dates, all required documentation with a strong focus on Health & Safety requirements
- Promoting strong collaborative client relationships with positive interactions and value adding activities
- Working collaboratively as part of the Corrections team and with the wider Downer business
This is a busy and varied role that will suit someone who is team focused, outcome focused and a strong relationship builder, ensuring that the clients’ requests are managed before problems arise.
You will have solid tenure and experience in Electrical, Quantity Surveyor, Building or similar role. You’ll be someone with a high degree of commercial financial /business acumen coupled with site management and leadership experience
It is also essential that you have:
- Project delivery management and scoping / costing skills and experience
- Experience with FM projects (preferred)
- Technical skills, experience and qualifications (e.g. HVAC, Electrical, QS, Construction etc.)
- Ability to operate in a busy and changing environment, showing sound judgment and a professional approach
- Team player who supports and actively works towards achieving team goals, can see the bigger picture
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Are highly organised and excellent ability to prioritise workflow
- Are motivated, positive and outcome oriented
- Take ownership and have plenty of initiative
- Seek challenges and question status quo with a view for improvements
If you tick these boxes and you are looking for an exciting new challenge, then we'd love to hear from you! In return we offer the opportunity to be part of a great team, a collaborative working environment, a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to develop your career!
Apply online today www.downercareers.co.nz reference XXXXX
As a WorkSAFE environment all successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Back to search results