HR Business Partner
Job ID: 557580
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Categories: Human Resources
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
An exciting HR Business Partner opportunity has arisen within Downer. Based in Brisbane, this is a critical role partnering with this successful Business Unit on all HR areas including project ramp-up, employee relations, workforce planning and matters contributing to our ongoing growth and development. Working closely with our Operational leaders, delivering a high level of customer service with a strong focus on providing pragmatic commercially relevant solutions.
This role will be offered as a 6 month fixed term contract with potential view to extension or permanency. As an employer that supports a flexible work environment, there may be a part-time option for some or all of the initial contract period.
You will be a qualified tenacious HR professional who thrives under pressure, handling competing priorities. We are looking specifically for someone with a solid level of experience within a HR role preferably within the mining or construction project environments:
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Planning, sourcing and mobilising future contract staff requirements with impending project wins on the east coast;
- Facilitating movement of employees to project to maximise project success and retain talent;
- Acting as a first point of contact for employee relations matters and escalate as appropriate;
- To act at the SME for operational managers regarding the appropriate management of employees considering industry best practice and Downer policies and procedures including but not limited to performance management, resourcing, termination and employee engagement;
- Assisting with monthly reporting and generating reports on an as needs basis;
- Monitoring and taking actions to improve employee data integrity and reporting;
- Supporting the development and continuous improvement of policy, procedure, templates and reporting mechanisms to streamline and simplify HR administration
- Working in accordance with Downer’s values and demonstrate commitment, active involvement and leadership regarding zero harm, client, people and financial accountabilities.
- Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent required;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a human resource or related position required at a HRBP or HRM level;
- Experience working with project schedules and workforce planning;
- Ability to interpret legislation and industrial instruments providing sound advice;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build meaningful relations with managers;
- Ability to influence managers to achieve necessary outcomes;
- Experience supporting teams across a broad geographical area.
Please note all applicants will receive an automatic acknowledgement response and only short-listed candidates will be contacted directly by phone once we have reached the closing date. All unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email after the closing date.
If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, apply now.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time