Project Commercial Manager - East Preston
Job ID: 558199
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Maintenance, Manufacturing, Project Management, Operations/Production
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rolling Stock Services currently has a need for a ‘Project Commercial Manager’, located in East Preston, VIC. The East Preston site is committed to providing the highest quality of Rolling Stock & Overhaul services for our Yarra Trams Rolling Stock Additional Works Project. The Project Commercial Manager provides management and oversight for all commercial activities within the Project, reporting into the Senior Project Manager – Yarra Trams Rolling Stock Additional Works Project.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administration of the Contract inclusive of Management of delay impacts, Issuing of Contract Notices and variations, maintenance of commercial registers, assessing impact of events, including pricing variations and quantifying EOTs and liaising with relevant internal stakeholders (legal, project controls, etc.)
- Contractual negotiations and dispute resolution with upstream project client and downstream subcontractors
- Ownership of project scope management plan, and championing the change management processes and tools within, including contract variation claims, extensions of time and design change
- Providing summaries, reports and updates to Senior Project Manager as required
- Maintain and manage the project change management process, ensuring any changes to the project scope baseline is captured, documented, analysed, agreed and claimed where necessary
- Oversee budgeted expenditure as directed and Advise team members on financial, technical, and operational matters as relevant
To be successful in the role you will need:
- Formal qualification in Project Management (e.g. PMBOK, diploma, etc.)
- Tertiary qualification in a related field (engineering, business, Project Management, etc.)
- Strong experience managing projects within a production/maintenance environment, with a particular focus on commercial/contractual management; or
- Experience in a commercial management role within a production/maintenance environment, with exposure to the project management lifecycle and principles
- Strong experience in contract variations
- Experience working in the Rail industry (desirable)
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail, consistency and self-discipline
- Ability to influence team members and stakeholders across reporting lines and organisational units
- Good contract management skills, with a proven ability to manage and negotiate within a complex commercial environment
This a permanent opportunity and an exciting time to join Downer Rail. An attractive salary package on offer for the successful candidate.
If you are interested please click “Apply now” or for further information contact Rachel Jones on Rachel.email@example.com
Please apply directly online – do not send your application via email
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time