Testing and Commissioning Technician - HCMT
Job ID: 558533
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Categories: Trades, Maintenance, Manufacturing
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
An opportunity has become available at our state-of-the-art Pakenham Maintenance Facility for a Testing & Commissioning Technician. You will conduct sub-system, train level testing and commissioning in accordance with project test procedures to strict project deadlines. This will include routine static testing, dynamic commissioning, type testing and technical support through to train acceptance and start of revenue service.
Be part of Victoria’s biggest ever train order and help us create the 65 bigger, better trains a growing Victoria needs. This is your chance to be part of our Test & Commissioning Team and work across an exciting landmark project with genuine long term career options.
This position will be offered as a 6 month fixed-term contract. Weekend and night-shift work may be required.
- Engineering or Technician qualifications in related discipline.
- Experience in rolling stock test & commissioning.
- Ability to follow test procedures and electrical/mechanical drawings.
- Proven fault-finding skills and ability to repair defects in timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Use of diagnostic software and tools.
- Ability to complete comprehensive test reports.
- Pro-active approach to escalation of arising technical issues and to propose solutions.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement in the test and commissioning process.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and deliver results.
- Demonstrated leadership that strives towards the commitment to Zero Harm.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to be part of a high-profile project that will reinvigorate Victoria’s manufacturing industry while providing a number of jobs to locals where we are committed to achieving a highly diverse workforce.
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
For more information please contact: Clarissa Esteller – Recruitment Manager, Major Projects
E: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time