Wireless - SAED Project Engineer
Job ID: 558576
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Brisbane, Bowen Hills
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer’s communications business provides an end-to-end wireless communications capability to design, build and maintain critical infrastructure for our customers across the Carrier, Transport, Resources, Government, Defence and Utilities sectors. Our capability comprises RAN design, site acquisition, site design, construction, integration, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management services. Technologies we design, and construct include UMTS, LTE, 5G, P25, Tetra, UHF and VHF across multiple vendors equipment.
Downer has been engaged to provide design and construction services for greenfields, site upgrades, co-locations, small cells, site relocations and transmission upgrades for major carrier networks, public safety and smaller scale private networks. The expectation is for strong wireless project growth into 2019 and entry into new markets.
We are now looking to engage a SAED Project Engineer to join the team in Bowen Hills, QLD. Reporting to the Design Manager, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary project team to contribute to and coordinate activities related to the design of mobile base station facilities from feasibility to detailed design stage, ensuring all tasks are completed in compliance with client design requirements, Australian Standards and relevant legislative requirements. The role will also require co-ordination and management of field related activities during construction phase.
- Tertiary qualification in Telecommunication Engineering or Construction
- 5+ years experience working as a Design Engineer or Project Engineer on large scale mobile telecommunications project
- Proven Subcontractor Management experience
- Proven Quality Assurance experience within the Telecommunications industry
- Demonstrated understanding of design, construction and integration of wireless networks
- Demonstrated understanding of Australian standards related to design of telecommunications facilities including 'safety in design' principles and practices
- Knowledge of radio base stations, antenna and feeder systems, hybrid cables, fibre and copper cabling standards and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of existing Australian carrier’s deployment standards
- Understanding of SAED processes
- Knowledge of construction in rail corridors, mining and defence environments desirable
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
For more information please contact Paula Collins, Talent & Sourcing Business Partner - email@example.com quoting reference number 558576.
Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time