Level 1 Help Desk Officer
Delivering a better way with technology solutions, Next Generation Technologies (NGT) helps customers respond and leverage technical innovation to their competitive advantage. Downer has formed the NGT business which delivers state-of-the-art products and services for Smart Cities, ITS (Intelligent Transport Solutions), Communications, Networks and Audio Visual, CCTV, Security and Access Control and Specialised Technology.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Downer is seeking a suitably qualified Level 1 Help Desk Officer to join our Next Generation Technology team based in Canning Vale.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide and maintain professional customer service.
- Communicate effectively with client representatives and team members.
- Demonstrate an ability to work harmoniously within a team environment, and encourages team members to actively contribute to meeting team objectives and goals.
- Prioritise work tasks and complete designated work duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- Receive, log, and escalate job enquiries.
- Carry out first level troubleshooting and investigations.
- Co-ordinate scheduling of monthly maintenance.
- Prioritise and assign service requests to field and workshop technicians.
- Determine chargeable reasons and closing of service requests.
- Monitor, record, and review incoming logs and servers to capture trends.
- Generation of performance reports (key performance indicators).
- Comply with all occupational health & safety and environmental requirements
To be successful for this position you will require:
- Year 12 or higher
- Current ‘C’ class driver’s license
- Current police clearance certificate (or able to obtain one)
- Previous exposure in a customer service / high call volume environment and/or a multidisciplinary service desk environment
- Good understanding of computers, mobile devices and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- High level of attention to detail and good organising skills.
- Intermediate skills Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Sound data entry and keyboard skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal work instructions and procedures as directed.
- Work effectively with the team to accomplish team goals, taking actions that respect the needs and contributions of others.
- Working experience with JDEGS or similar software products would be advantageous.
- Willing to work shifts and weekends.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team, with a focus on producing logical, smart designs through innovation and collaboration;
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do;
- Experience working for a major ASX listed company and the chance to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
To apply, follow the links. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org however please note, we will not accept applications via email.
Back to search results