Estimating and Strategy Manager (Mobile Plant)
Job ID: 558937
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Management, Maintenance, Operations/Production, Legal
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Decades of experience of owning and operating one of the country’s largest and most diverse fleets – including some of the biggest and best mobile plant in the Australian mining industry – enable Downer Plant to offer full maintenance solutions that are second to none. Reporting to the General Manager – Plant, we now have an excellent opportunity an Estimating and Strategy Manager (Mobile Plant) to join the Brisbane group based in Milton.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- the proactive management and continual improvement of the Plant estimating processes and systems to provide most cost effective whole of life and market competitive plant rates;
- the development of a plant strategy and financial models to align future mining innovation initiatives working closely with the business development team to secure future contracts;
- drive operational improvement initiatives against industry benchmarks to align plant strategy and sustainably deliver the lowest cost effective operating model for the plant;
- Provide leadership to the plant estimating and support team ensuring that:
- The development and adoption of best practice initiatives and practices is encouraged;
- Development opportunities are available to assist personnel in maximising their value to the business;
- Downer MEI values are reinforced;
- Staff are provided with challenging work and recognised for their contributions;
- Management of the safety of yourself and your team and actively participating in improving safety performance and building a positive safety and environmental awareness culture across Downer MEI;
- Timely and collaborative development of tender responses and business justification proposals to optimise plant requirements and deliver commercial value from the invested capital aligning with corporate business objectives and targets.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification (engineering preferable) or trade background with extensive pre-contracts industry specific experience;
- Significant experience in mining plant maintenance and maintenance planning at a senior level;
- Working knowledge and understanding of relevant compliance guidelines/legislation;
- Demonstrated ability to proactively build relationships with key stakeholders;
- Experience working at senior management level contributing to strategic planning process;
- Proven leadership, coaching and mentoring skills;
- Proven management skills and the ability to be decisive on financial related issues;
- Strong commercial acumen with ability to interpret and apply contracts’ terms and legislation provisions.
We thank all applicants for their interest; for more information you may contact email@example.com however applications will only be accepted via the ‘Apply’ function in this portal.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time