Senior Mining Engineers - Brisbane
Job ID: 559270
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer MEI is seeking experienced Senior Mining Engineers to join our Mining East open cut business. These positions will be based at our head office in Milton, Brisbane. The successful candidates will work Monday to Friday with occasional site visits as required.
Reporting to the Principal Mining Engineer, you will be involved in the planning and scheduling of current operations. The planning and scheduling for new tenders will also be part of your responsibilities.
- Tertiary qualifications in either mining or civil engineering together with significant open cut mine planning experience. Strong experience in coal will be well regarded.
- Strong technical and analytical skills in relation to mining activities and mining equipment.
- Appreciation of production and operating costs associated with mining plant and equipment.
- Computer literacy is essential, along with experience in the design and operational aspects of open cut mines.
- Significant experience with mine planning software such as Vulcan and Deswik.
- Experience with mine scheduling software such as Spry or XPAC would be an advantage.
- Strong verbal communication and influencing skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Significant experience and skill in dragline planning and operations would be an advantage.
- Current Drivers Licence is essential.
- Willingness to complete a Police Check and medical as part of the application process.
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work in Brisbane with a team of skilled professionals, and to develop further skills in planning, reserving, scheduling and haulage simulation and analysis.
- The opportunity for an achievement-orientated mining professional with a strong operations focus to work with technically challenging operations;
- Commitment to a safe, injury-free working environment and a competitive salary package;
- Variety and career development opportunities while having a close working relationship with the mine site management and offsite Downer MEI support staff.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
For further queries please contact Cassandra.Mayer@downergroup.com
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time