Project Manager - Maryborough QLD
Job ID: 559471
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Project Management
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rail has an opportunity to join their successful and established Maryborough facility in the role of Project Manager. The Maryborough facility has a proven track record of manufacturing, modification and maintenance of rolling stock for QLD and Australia and has been consistently recognised for their quality and commitment to safety and standards.
In the role of Project Manager you will be responsible for the overall delivery of projects and programs onsite whilst being the integral communication point for internal and external stakeholders including high value customers, ensuring ultimately that projects are delivered successfully to standard, scope, budget and timelines.
You will manage and lead delivery and project teams specific to technical and non-technical aspects of rolling stock ranging from planning, design, build, through to maintenance and take a governance role in all aspects of managing safety and standards for your projects and the site. You will be the go to person on project progress and be active in negotiations and management of areas including procurement, contractors, cost/budgeting, and delivery timelines.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management, Engineering or related field
- Proven experience in Project Management on large scale projects with AIPM or similar certification (rail/rolling stock experience highly regarded)
- A strong track record in project and contract delivery, with specific project examples and the ability to articulate methodology
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with strong and direct approach to negotiation (including disputes) and people management of both direct and indirect staff
- A demonstrated approach to safety and standards with an eye for detail for both the project and the processes involved in delivery
- Advanced cost management and budgeting skills, with a collaborative approach to cost reduction and streamlining while maintaining output and standards through innovation
In return you will have the opportunity to further your career with an Australian juggernaut that continues to go from strength to strength in their business sectors with Rail being no exception. You will work with an established site that has opportunity to develop your skills and experience while still providing challenges and both personal and career development opportunities.
Offering an attractive package for the successful candidate and job security with a permanent position the opportunity also offers the added bonus that comes with being situated on the Fraser/Hervey Bay region of a cheaper stress free environment creating unparalleled work life balance.
If this sounds like you click “Apply now” to register your interest in the role, or contact Rachel on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
(please note Downer Group does not accept applications via email.)
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time