Maintenance Delivery Manager - Maintenance Operations NSW
Job ID: 559524
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Maintenance, Project Management
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rolling Stock Services a leading name in the manufacturing and maintenance of rolling stock across Australia has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Delivery Manager to join our Auburn Maintenance Centre on a permanent basis.
The position of Maintenance Delivery Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing employees in their daily activities to meet and exceed Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People targets. This position will maximise the utilisation of resources and assets through the effective coordination and planning of the maintenance activities required to meet organisational objectives and exceed customer expectations. Working a 24/7 roster this position will provide frontline technical supervision and support to the Multi Skilled Workforce in ensuring preventative maintenance, fault analysis process and relevant rectification work is carried out to the correct standards and time frames. This position is accountable for achieving the rail safety objectives (as per National Rail Safety Act) and protecting the health, safety and welfare of all employees under their control. (WHS Act).
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver operational/technical/specialist information and outcomes on time
- Promote and drive the quality culture of "zero defects" and continuous improvement within the team
- Communicate and implement quality and continuous improvement initiatives ensure timely resolution of quality issues and audit results
- Review completed task documentation and conduct debriefs to ensure completion prior to work orders being closed
- Plan, schedule, monitor and review workload to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are achieved cost effectively.
- Ensure that staff is aware of and work within regulatory and organisational policies, systems
- Ensure customer priorities are improved through application of customer-first processes in the areas of timeliness, reporting, rollingstock availability, maintainability and reliability
- Maintain productive relationships with internal/external customers and employees
- Monitor & review operational rosters to drive production teams to reduce labour and overtime costs whilst maintaining high workforce optimisation
- Provide “leadership by example” to the whole team; increase motivation and retain/develop key talent
- Drive a high performing workforce with a clear focus on the delivery of planned outcomes and the continual development of the capabilities and capacities of the individual team members
The be successful in this role you will have:
- Trade qualifications and/or significant experience in a large production/maintenance or rolling stock maintenance/service environment
- Significant leadership experience, driving a high performing accountable workforce
- Proven experience in the maintenance and management of work schedules and working to budgets
- Demonstrable application of LEAN methodologies within a production environment
- Knowledge and understanding of production planning
- Knowledge of 5S, Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement
- Knowledge of the site EBA and Industrial Relations
- Ability to drive projects and complete within specified time frames.
- Ability to build and manage a high-performance team who can operate efficiently, effectively, productively
- Excellent computer, written and verbal communication skills.
This is a permanent opportunity and an exciting time to join Downer Rail. An attractive salary package on offer for the successful candidate. This role can be based at our Auburn Maintenance Centre Sydney.
If you are interested, please click “Apply now” or for further information contact Rachel Jones on Rachel.email@example.com
(Please note Downer does not accept applications sent directly via email)
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time