Due to on-going growth throughout our Water business, we are seeking an experienced Project Engineer to join us during this exciting growth phase. This could be an exciting part of your career journey, being part of a results driven, professional team based in Albany.
A bit about your role:
- Monitoring and updating project budgets and programmes
- Working alongside the Contract Manager to estimate and tender for new projects
- Advising and leading crews and onsite delivery teams as well as sub-contractors
- Having ownership of all project documentation
- Developing and fostering strong relationships with clients, subcontractors and suppliers
- Create a safe working environment by nurturing a strong culture of Zero Harm
Downer has a companywide focus on training and development which gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career. The water industry is a broad field that can offer both challenges and rewards.
A bit about you:
You’ll be experienced working within a civil or water environment and you’ll bring with you
- Qualification in a related discipline would be desired
- Excellent organisational skills and demonstrated customer relationship management skills
- Sound Project or Engineering operations experience, including budget management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated commercial acumen
- Excellent computer skills
- A self-starter, highly motivated and goal oriented
- Strong commitment to Health & Safety initiatives
What we offer:
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in a truly diverse business. The environment is challenging and rewarding. We offer a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements and with Downer’s focus on training and development, this gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career. Don't delay! Apply now to join our great team by visiting www.downercareers.co.nz and entering 559676 into the keyword search.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Back to search results