Primary Design Team Lead
Job ID: 559885
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Engineering Design team have a new opportunity for a Team Leader for Primary Substation Design in a full-time capacity in our Collins Street, Melbourne office.
The Primary Team Lead is responsible for leading and managing a team of Primary Engineers to deliver a high quality, flexible and responsive technical service. The role is responsible for the technical aspects (functions) of Primary Design throughout the project lifecycle from capture to close-out under an EPC delivery model. The role manages all technical resource requirements for delivery including the project engineering and commissioning services (as required) and provides mentoring and development of teams.
The role provides effective management oversight and co-ordination of the Primary Design team to drive efficiency, continuous improvement and ensure the Primary Design programme delivers on time and within budget.
- Ability to mentor and grow a team of highly skilled and experienced technical resources
- Experience in design of primary electrical equipment, substation layouts, conductors and fittings selection, earthing system, power system studies, cable management system and insulation coordination
- Engineering and primary plant experience in generation, renewables (wind and solar), traction, transmission and distribution
- Proven positive customer relationship experience and ability to build strong customer relationships that result in repeat business opportunities
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work on large scale Power, Water Infrastructure and Renewable Energy projects.
- Excellent company benefits
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for these great opportunities, please click on “Apply Now” button. Please include a cover letter and resume and quote reference number 559885
For more information about this position please contact: Sanjay Kumar– Talent & Sourcing Business Partner on mobile 0418 621 926 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please note that applications will not be accepted via email. Please submit your application via the advertisement).
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time