Technical Services Supervisor
Job ID: 560029
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
This position will have you leading & handling a skilled team of High Voltage testing technicians specifically focusing on maintaining HV Testing & Commissioning services to our established client base. We are seeking a technically and commercial sound and driven Technical Services Supervisor with demonstrated hands on experience managing High Voltage Commissioning/Testing, maintenance and minor construction projects:
This is a locally based position with some short-term travel in regional WA as required.
- Develop and maintain regular client contact and form strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Understand the clients objectives and ensure they are met
- Find opportunities to improve business performance and growth
- Thorough knowledge of the contract commercials, scope of works, specifications and the technical engineering requirements on which the SOW is based
- Tender and Proposal Preparation
- Prepare maintenance program estimates and programs
- Plan and review all maintenance and minor project activities
- Develop commissioning plans, including ITP’s and test documentation
- Provide onsite Testing & Commissioning of HV equipment in accordance with relevant standards and client requirements
- Direct the development of maintenance campaign SOW’s and associated safety, quality and environmental plans and ensuring implementation.
- Subcontractor management
- Develop and review maintenance planning schedules and progress
- Budget management
- Review maintenance program requests and briefs
- Identify potential variations and raise variation claims
- Ensure all subcontracts and supply agreements are developed to Downer standards and effectively handled.
- Technical Report Preparation
- High Voltage Commissioning & Testing qualifications and experience is a requirement
- Demonstrated hands on Management and Leadership experience in a High Voltage Infrastructure Services role
- Positive understanding of OH&S requirements & legislation and High Voltage Working rules
- Strong dedication to building and maintaining a ZERO harm workplace and culture
- Commercially savvy and strong business acumen
- Demonstrated experience managing a skilled High Voltage maintenance team in a service based environment
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Ability to read and interpret electrical engineering drawings
- Estimating experience for high voltage and high energy assets
- Proficiency in MS Office and MS Project applications
- Be able to lead and work as part of an effective flexible team
- Current valid driver’s license
- Qualifications in Electrical trade or Electrical Engineering
What we offer
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and develop your career within a highly successful engineering organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, apply now.
How to apply
To apply for this role please click on the apply button.
Please note that applications through email will not be accepted. Please submit your application online through the position advertisement.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time