We have a great opportunity for a proactive and forward thinking individual to join our Downer NZ accounting team as a Financial Accountant. This role is a great step from Chartered Accountancy to Commercial and has clear progression within Downer NZ.
Reporting to the Group Accountant you will provide accounting services and support for monthly and full year reporting for Downer NZ, and assist the Senior Finance team with ad hoc reporting and analysis.
This position is based in Wiri, Auckland and is an immediate start on a fixed term basis until December 2019.
To be successful we are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- Full membership as a Chartered Accountant with CA ANZ or equivalent
- Audit experience from first or second tier firm and statutory accounts preparation an advantage
- IFRS exposure and understanding is essential
- Experience in providing financial accounting support
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced skills in excel and pivot tables
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Experience using JD Edwards, Hubble reporting and Power BI would be a benefit
- Provide quality financial accounting support and coaching
What we offer:
This is a pivotal role to ensure that Downer NZ achieves financial and statutory reporting requirements. You will have the opportunity to:
- Put your analytical thinking into action
- Demonstrate your technical competence
- Work with close links to operational management and a high performing accounting team
- Design and implement new processes and controls within Downer
- Create the foundations to further progress your career
- Incorporate your management and financial accounting skills
If you think you are up for the challenge and have a "can do" attitude, interested parties are encouraged to apply online through www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 560048.
All successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Back to search results