Community Liaison Officer - Waanyi Downer Joint Venture
Job ID: 560057
Job type: Casual, Full Time - Permanent
Location: Mt Isa
Categories: Finance & Administration
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
The Waanyi Downer Joint Venture (WDJV) is looking for a Community Liaison Officer based in the Mornington Island Community. The successful candidate will be required to work in accordance with the WDJV Guiding Principles and demonstrate commitment, active involvement, and leadership in relation to the business’s Objectives.
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to become an advocate for the WDJV and its programs and outcomes, coordinate and administer all candidates identified for the Training Program, and implement stakeholder communication strategies to ensure that local communities and other stakeholders are informed and engaged.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with Traditional Owner groups, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander corporations and the client.
- As required, represent the WDJV business interests at stakeholder events and forums relating to Community and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Affairs.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills
- Good project management skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Flexibility to undertake ad-hoc travel.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work within a highly skilled team;
- The ability to work with a diverse range of disciplines, taking on new and exciting challenges;
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do;
- Employee benefits program and competitive salary packages.
For more information, you may contact Michaela.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply via the ‘Apply now’ button, resumes received via email will not be considered.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time