Job no: 560165
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Auckland, Hamilton, New Plymouth, Rotorua, Tauranga, Whanganui, Blenheim, Christchurch, Nelson
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand’s infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 12,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand’s biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
- Locations - roles available in Nelson, Blenheim, Christchurch, Tauranga, Rotorua, New Plymouth, Whanganui, Hamilton
- Career development and growth opportunities
- Competitive remuneration and employee benefits
- Ownership and leadership responsibilities
Downer has been appointed as one of the major Suppliers for Chorus Limited to deliver Field Services across their Reactive Maintenance and Provisioning Services, Network Maintenance Routines, cable Locates and Build Services.
As a result of this new contract, we have several Build Planning Lead roles available in multiple locations. In this role you are the pivotal lead in the end to end build workflow process with regional accountabilities as follows:
- Planning and scheduling of build resources to meet all client requests.
- Coordination and integration of all activities and tasks across the job lifecycle inclusive of material ordering and sub-contractor management.
- Financial accountability – ensures the schedule, cost, scope, quality, resource and risk constraints are managed effectively to provide the best possible financial outcome for every client request.
- Maintaining outstanding client relationships regularly engaging on job progress and any risks, challenges, issues encountered.
- Work management system updates as appropriate
- Variation management/QA audit.
- RFS management/SLA delivery
- Actively works with the Regional Programme Manager seeking out improvement opportunities on overall job performance in order to increase contract margin, client satisfaction and Downer’s overall company standing.
We would like to hear from people who have a high level of experience and expertise in job management, planning of resources and project delivery and believe that they are ready to make this next step. We are particularly looking for applicants who embrace and demonstrate Downer values of Excellence, Collaboration, Courage and Integrity. All of these roles require demonstrated leadership behaviours that empower others, individuals will have:
- Leadership experience in utilities network development
- Strong proven track record of managing contractors to meet defined targets
- Experience in planning and scheduling large resource pools.
- A sound ability to coordinate a job with multiple work disciplines and facets.
- People skills – ability to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external clients
- Achieving results – job performance (on time, in full, on budget)
- Excellent communication both written and oral - presenting information, listening, managing conflict.
- Competent in use of Microsoft systems such as word, excel & outlook as a minimum
- Ability to lead and develop a team of sub-contractors
- Focus on performance and drive for results
To apply please visit www.downercareers.co.nz and apply online using the reference number 560165
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results
Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time