Job no: 560170
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Auckland, Hamilton, New Plymouth, Rotorua, Whanganui, Blenheim, Christchurch, Nelson
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand’s infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 12,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand’s biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
- Locations - roles available in Nelson, Blenheim, Christchurch, Tauranga, Rotorua, New Plymouth, Whanganui, Hamilton
- Career development and growth opportunities
- Competitive remuneration and employee benefits
- Ownership and leadership responsibilities
Downer has been appointed as one of the major Suppliers for Chorus Limited to deliver Field Services across their Reactive Maintenance and Provisioning Services, Network Maintenance Routines, cable Locates and Build Services. As a result of this contract, we have multiple roles throughout New Zealand for Field Technicians. In these roles, you will be responsible for installing, jointing, repairing and testing both copper and fibre cables and its associated equipment for Downer NZ's clients.
Reporting to the field manager, you will also be responsible for daily planning, organising materials, updating records and carrying out maintenance, jointing and installation of cable. You will be building positive relationships with internal customers and clients and you will show commitment to quality work practices and ongoing quality assurance. You must be committed to actively following our Health and Safety protocols.
Suitable applicants will possess:
- Experience primarily in all aspects of working with copper and fibre cable.
- Minimum Level 3 NZQA Telecommunications or equivalent or similar experience in the industry
- To be able to use jointing and fault finding equipment
- Knowledgeable with reading and interpreting plans
- An energetic personality and enthusiastic approach to work
- Sound computer skills for record keeping
- Be innovative and team focused and be able to generate solutions that produce results
- Must be a self-starter, work autonomously and work well in a team environment
- A verifiable championing of quality workmanship and a right first time attitude
- Strong health and safety focus
- The ability to travel to other areas to assist the business as required.
If you have an enthusiasm for the industry, are familiar with existing and emerging communication infrastructures / technologies and are inspired by the opportunity to join a dynamic and growing organisation, please go to www.downercareers.co.nz and search for job reference number 560170.
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results
Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time