Downer Power & Gas offers specialised network design, construction and maintenance contracting services to the gas and electricity markets. We combine expertise in building and maintaining high and medium voltage electricity networks, and gas distribution networks with an effective 70 years of local knowledge.
In this technically challenging role you'll be a key member of our gas team providing quality service and workmanship in the areas of:
- New gas service connections
- Fault response and repair
- Planned Maintenance and routine inspection of above and below ground gas network assets including district stations, metering equipment, gas network pipes and pipeline protection systems.
- Stand-overs and Mark-outs for gas networks
- Leak detection
You'll enjoy working outdoors, doing physical and mechanical work where you will use both machinery and hand tools to get the job done in a variety of conditions. You will need to be familiar with and follow strict safety procedures as you natural way of working.
As an experienced Gas Technician you will offer the following:
- A relevant and current Gas Distribution Industry Certificate of Competence (CoC)
- Sound knowledge of gas testing, protection equipment, systems and procedures utilised on gas networks
- Extensive industry related experience
- Strong commitment to Health and Safety
- A clean full drivers licence and ability to drive a manual vehicle
- Ability to follow instructions and have great time keeping skills
- Availability to participate in call out roster
Ideally holding a level 4 competency with leakage qualification you will have the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of work where you can control your outcomes, own your job, get stuck in and take pride in your work.
Not someone who likes to be stuck inside behind a computer, you'll enjoy being hands on, working outside, no matter the conditions and not afraid to get dirty to get the job done. Your previous work experience will also demonstrate a conscientious nature, quality focus and ability to work in both a team and independently,
Describing yourself as organised and well planned you are someone who takes a disciplined approach to your work, as well as being able to think on your feet.
If you already enjoy working in the Gas industry you'll be joining a great team of hardworking, knowledgeable guys who pitch in and help each other out. The role offers exposure to all areas of the profession and opportunities to further your skills and grow your career.
To join our Lower Hutt/Wellington team click apply now or visit our careers site www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 560312. To find out more about us, check out www.downergroup.co.nz
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Back to search results