Graduate Fleet Engineer
Job ID: 560749
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Start your Engineering career with a growing and dynamic organisation; Downer Rollingstock Services (RSS) are seeking
a Graduate Fleet Engineer for a one year Fixed Term Contract on an attractive 24/7 rotational roster.
You will be able to expand your knowledge and skills working with our Waratah, SGT & Millennium fleet teams.
Ideally, you will have some knowledge and understanding of rollingstock electrical, mechanical systems and the relevant
Australian rollingstock standards.
You will learn to monitor and collate fault data for train systems with a focus on day to day and medium term reliability and
performance of the fleet. This will include detailed fault identification and analysis in order to support our continuous improvement
- Mechanical, Electrical Tertiary Engineering qualification
- Or Mechanical or Electrical trade certificate.
- Maintenance of complex electrical and mechanical systems
- Implementation of reliability programs in a heavy maintenance industry.
- Dealing with customers including internal management and our external customers
- Effectively and productively manage time
- Good communication skills and demonstrated IT aptitude.
- The use of PC based fault diagnostic tools
- RAMS standards (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety)
- Formalising engineering change and reliability improvement processes.
- Quality assurance procedures.
- Trouble shooting procedures and methods.
- Failure-reporting and investigations.
- Strong safety appreciation and awareness
This is a full time, fixed term position with the contract ending September 2020.
If you have any further queries, please email email@example.com or apply directly online.
Please note that applications will not be accepted via email – please apply via the online portal in order to be considered
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time