Electrical CAD Designer - Rollingstock
Job ID: 560919
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: North Ryde
Categories: Maintenance, Manufacturing, Design, Architecture and Urban Planning
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rail a leading name in the manufacturing and maintenance of rolling stock across Australia has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical CAD Designer to join our collaborative team based in North Ryde.
The CAD Designer is responsible for the preparation and production of detailed drawings to support engineering and manufacturing requirements. The role will be to provide design assistance to Engineers by producing technical drawings derived from the 3D CAD and Modelling software systems. This includes producing safe, compliant, reliable and cost-effective designs; supporting procurement, production, maintenance and test & commissioning with timely engineering estimates, advice and performance.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- A minimum of five years designing experience within the rail industry or similar regulated environment – desirable
- Strong knowledge of Unigraphics NX or Dassualt Solidworks and/or Autocad (including Elecdes) CAD systems
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, including the ability to conduct detailed investigations and to provide clear proposal designs
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to provide rapid and effective support to engineering and production teams.
- Developing creative solutions within defined technical standards and safety limits.
- Relevant Australian and International standards
- Rollingstock design and operations
- Excellent computer skills with experience in the development and management of information systems
This is a permanent opportunity based in our North Ryde office in Sydney. You will be joining a highly skilled team with ongoing support and development opportunities in an ASX listed organisation.
If you are interested, please click “Apply now” or for further information contact Rachel Jones on Rachel.email@example.com
(Please note Downer does not accept applications sent directly via email)
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time