Senior Project Manager - EPC
Job ID: 561000
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Brisbane, Gold Coast
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Project Management, Construction
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Incorporating five business streams, Downer Engineering offers comprehensive in-house engineering capability including process, civil, structural, chemical, mechanical and electrical expertise. Working with customers in mining operations for over 75 years, Mineral Technologies, a subsidiary of Downer, delivers innovative, cost effective process solutions for a wide range of fine minerals worldwide and is at the forefront of providing technology driven, value for money solutions in mineral processing on a global scale.
Downer’s Mineral Technologies is now looking to appoint an experienced Senior Project Manager to lead and deliver a technically challenging and high-profile EPC scope of work. With a strong focus on Zero Harm and managing stakeholder relationships, you will lead a large multi-discipline project team, ensure quality design delivery and oversee commercial contractual matters.
With multi-discipline design teams based in Brisbane and the Gold Coast, this role can be based from either location but there will be a requirement to commute between both as needed.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Downer Senior Project Manager, you will:
- Lead, coordinate and successfully execute Downer’s scope of works including Design, Procurement, on site construction supervision, commissioning and training for the client;
- Act as the primary Downer contact for the client providing routine updates and ensuring appropriate levels of communication are maintained between the client and internal Downer management/stakeholders;
- Be responsible for risk and opportunity management and all financial forecasting of Project deliverables;
- Effectively co-ordinate the Engineering Design Manager and team to ensure delivery of quality design within budget and timeframe and to client expectations;
- Effectively co-ordinate the Commercial and Procurement Managers providing leadership and support when required;
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with the client’s team and affiliated stakeholders/suppliers/services;
- Significant experience in successful EPC project delivery, ideally with exposure to the mineral processing (mineral sands) industry;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (engineering or project management);
- Experience working on international projects and managing multi-national project teams;
- Competency using financial management systems and confident in the application of core commercial principals;
- A successful track-record in a client-facing role;
- Exceptional communication skills – the ability to collaborate, influence, negotiate and foster teamwork, teamed with a strong customer service focus;
- Ability to speak Arabic would be strongly regarded;
- A non-negotiable attitude towards safety best practice across EPC and a comprehensive understanding of industry safety standards, systems and legislation;
- And finally, a genuine commitment to creating a positive work environment and the enthusiasm to inspire and motivate your team.
To be considered, please submit your resume via the relevant Apply links. All applicants will be contacted within a fortnight of their application however we are unable to respond to enquiries on an individual basis or accept resumes via email. For technical difficulties, you may contact email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time