Commercial Manager - HCMT
Job ID: 561312
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Categories: Finance & Administration, Management
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
HCMT project has been the largest of its kind in Victoria and a premier project for Downer showcasing our ability to deliver world class rollingstock facilities custom to the needs of the Australian public.
This opportunity as Commercial Manager is to continue the high standards of delivery, and customer satisfaction ensuring the overall project meets set objectives. You will work hands on with stakeholders and suppliers across the business to ensure commercial decisions are in line with business needs and reviewed frequently to maintain continuous improvement initiatives, safety/Zero Harm, installing a best practice mentality for the site, and implementing change for project benefit.
You will have a strong legal background and an in-depth knowledge of contractual obligations ideally in a project/construction environment and be able to act as a point of reference to any commercial decisions/or revisions that need to be made.
You will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Finance, Business Management, Engineering or relevant field. MBA highly regarded.
- Strong communication skills from negotiation to the ability to clearly relay complex concepts to the Downer business from floor to senior management.
- A proven track record in a high-profile Commercial Management role, ideally in a large or ASX listed entity with a rich history of delivering results.
- Advanced stakeholder management skills, again with exposure to negotiating highly visible outcomes on a large scale
- Experience with overall management of commercial systems, commercial contract and continuous improvement.
- P&L management, budget management, forecasting of commercial reports.
In return you will receive:
- Opportunity to work on a world class project, iconic for Victoria
- The chance to position yourself for career growth within the Downer Group business as a whole with future opportunities.
- Generous remuneration package, incentives and benefits
- Flexible working arrangements and an outcome driven environment
- Opportunity to take overall ownership of the commercial direction of the project with potential ongoing influence.
To register your interest hit “apply now” or contact Nathan for more details on Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note: Downer does not accept applications via email)
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time