Electrical & Mechanical Trades Assistants - HCMT
Job ID: 561644
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Multiple contract and permanent opportunities exist for trade qualified Mechanical and Electrical Fitters and Trades Assistants to join our team at our facility in Newport. These roles will be responsible for the assembly of 65 trains as part of the High Capacity Metro Train (HCMT) project and will form a key component of the multi-skilled team we’re establishing at the facility.
We are seeking interest only from candidates who have rail rolling stock industry experience, however also open to those with aviation industry experience coupled with assembly / production skills.
Electrical Fitters will be tasked with electrical assembly activities including looming and installation, crimping, termination and specialist electrical testing and measurement.
Mechanical Fitters will be responsible for assembly activities including torqueing, bolting, piping, component and equipment installation, panel and door assembly using materials handling equipment and following standard operating procedures.
- Formal Mechanical or Electrical trade based qualifications.
- Previous experience within rolling stock or heavy engineering/plant will be highly regarded.
- Certified competency as a fork lift operator, overhead crane driver and/or welder would be advantageous but not essential.
- Be able to interpret technical documents such as electrical drawings and operation manuals.
- Superior communication, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Can-do, ambitious, energetic and flexible attitude essential.
- Hands on with the ability to work unsupervised and within a team environment.
- Ensure commitment to a Zero Harm workplace and promote an excellent team work attitude
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to be part of an rewarding project that will reinvigorate the manufacturing industry and provide jobs to Victorians.
- The ability to build your professional career in a multi-disciplined business environment.
- A supportive and dynamic team environment.
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply button.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time