Fleet Support Engineer
Job ID: 561758
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Maintenance, Manufacturing
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rail a leading name in the manufacturing and maintenance of rolling stock across Australia has an exciting opportunity for a Fleet Support Engineer to join our team based in Auburn.
This is a specialist role designed to deliver the provision of technical and functional subject matter expertise for the operation, support and development of the fleet and reliability performance.
The Fleet Support Engineer will provide technical support to internal stakeholders, implementing effective containment of emerging issues and investigating and reporting on train performance while highlighting key areas for improvement.
The Fleet Support Engineer will monitor, collate fault data & carry out rectification/containment actions for train systems, with a focus on day to day/medium term support, reliability and performance of the fleet. This will include detailed fault identification and analysis in order to support the reliability improvement process & fleet defect containment actions.
- Mandatory – Meet the requirements of a Rail Safety Worker.
- You must have Mechanical or Electrical Tertiary Engineering qualifications or other relevant trade qualifications.
- Experience in the maintenance of complex electrical and mechanical systems, the use of PC based fault diagnostic tools, and implementation of reliability programs in a rolling stock, asset management or heavy maintenance industry.
- Experience dealing with customers on fleet performance & reliability matters.
- Able to effectively and productively manage time coupled with good communication skills and demonstrated IT aptitude.
- Experience working in Rail industry (>5 years) preferred but not essential.
- You should be able to recognise and manage challenges to help drive continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in a team environment or unsupervised as required.
- Knowledge and commitment to ensuring a safe workplace.
What we offer:
- A highly supportive, team environment.
- A strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- An opportunity working with an ASX Listed Company
How to Apply:
To apply for this great opportunity please click the APPLY NOW button. For more information about this position please contact Astrid Viegas – Talent & Sourcing Resourcer email email@example.com
Please note applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time