Service Technicians - Taumaranui & Ohakune
Downer is a significant player in the telecommunications industry within New Zealand. We are growing our business through delivering consistent service, excellence and results and through developing inspirational leadership with our people and customers. We have roles available in Taumaranui & Ohakune for Service Technicians. In these roles, you will be responsible for installing, jointing, repairing and testing both copper and fibre cables and its associated equipment for Downer NZ's clients.
Reporting to the Field Manager, you will also be responsible for daily planning, organising materials, updating records and carrying out maintenance, jointing and installation of cable. You will be building positive relationships with internal customers and clients and you will show commitment to quality work practices and ongoing quality assurance. You must be committed to actively following our Health and Safety protocols.
Suitable applicants will possess:
- Experience primarily in all aspects of working with copper and fibre cable.
- Minimum Level 3 NZQA Telecommunications or equivalent or similar experience in the industry
- To be able to use jointing and fault finding equipment
- Knowledgeable with reading and interpreting plans
- An energetic personality and enthusiastic approach to work
- Sound computer skills for record keeping
- Be innovative and team focused and be able to generate solutions that produce results
- Must be a self-starter, work autonomously and work well in a team environment
- A verifiable championing of quality workmanship and a right first time attitude
- Strong health and safety focus
- The ability to travel to other areas to assist the business as required.
If you have an enthusiasm for the industry, are familiar with existing and emerging communication infrastructures / technologies and are inspired by the opportunity to join a dynamic and growing organisation, please go to www.downercareers.co.nz and search for job reference number 561787.
All successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Back to search results