Job ID: 561947
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Hunter Valley, Mt Thorley, Singleton
Categories: Trades, Maintenance
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
We are currently seeking Plant Mechanics to join the team located at Mount Arthur. Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, you will be responsible for carrying out all mechanical repairs and maintenance on a large fleet of mobile mining equipment including CAT Machinery.
We have the following rosters available:
- Rotating shift schedule, 24/7 shift coverage on a 7 Day/Night Roster
- Rotating shift schedule, 24/7 shift coverage on a 4 Day Only Roster
WHAT WE OFFER
- Permanent employment on a competitive rate PLUS leave entitlements
- Excellent benefits program including discounted health insurance, salary sacrifice options and discounts on travel/accommodation etc.
- Possess the relevant trade qualifications
- Proven experience with the maintenance of Caterpillar Machinery
- Demonstrated relevant experience as a heavy Plant Mechanic working on Cat 785 and 793 Dump trucks, Cat loaders, Dozers and Watercarts
- A current Drivers Licence
- EWP, MDG25, Air conditioning, High risk & Working at Heights qualifications desirable
- Must possess an overarching commitment to safe work practices and continuous improvement
Please note: - Downer do not accept resumes via email and please ensure you attach copies of your Resume, Licences, Trade Papers/tickets and proof of eligibility to work in Australia i.e. passport/birth certificate to your online application.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
For further questions please contact Michael Bernard E: Michael.Bernard@downergroup.com
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time