Engineering Manager (Mineral Processing)
Job ID: 562061
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Perth, Canning Vale, East Perth
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Management
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer provides solutions for minerals processing and separation across Australia, New Zealand, China, Canada, Indonesia, South Africa, Canada and Russia. Our customers benefit from the technical expertise and leading-edge technologies delivered by our subsidiaries, Mineral Technologies and QCC Resources.
Due to continued business growth, we are now seeking a highly driven, well-rounded professional to build and lead a multi-discipline engineering team based from our Perth office.
As Engineering Manager, your primary focus will be driving business growth by promoting the Mineral Technologies capability within the WA mineral processing sector. Leaning on the expertise of our high-performing design and project delivery teams and leveraging off existing client relationships and a solid industry reputation, you will be supported to deliver quality client outcomes. However, it is expected as our work pipeline grows, you will build and develop a local design team that can interface and collaborate with the existing national group.
As a strong leader dedicated to the successful execution of engineering design projects, this role will see you:
- Work closely with the Business Development and Strategic Growth team to maximise business opportunities and identify work pipeline prospects;
- Manage the bids and proposals pipeline in the Western region, ensuring activities are planned and prioritised, resources are available, and consistent processes, tools and templates are used in preparation of bids and estimates;
- Act as PDM/Bid Lead/Key Customer Account Manager for key prospects where required and identified in the bid win strategy;
- Work with the engineering and supporting functions to achieve EPC and D&C outcomes to the highest standards in alignment with Downer Project Management fundamentals;
- Oversee the recruitment of new employees into the WA engineering team;
- Provide a competitive project delivery capability that enables EPC on selected resources projects by forming close relationships with Downer’s Construction group and providing engineering service to win;
- Ensure projects are resourced with suitably skilled personnel, with a focus on appointing highly competent Project Managers, for the tasks at hand and scheduled at the right time in the project;
- Oversee project estimates, financial forecasting and effective resourcing of engineering design projects ensuring a focus on cost minimisation where appropriate;
- Promote and drive innovative thinking, creative problem-solving and an environment that embraces new ideas;
- Embed and encourage a client-centric attitude amongst all department personnel.
If you meet this criteria, please get in touch:
- Interpersonal skills – non-negotiable;
- Tertiary qualified Mechanical/Process Engineering background (preferable);
- Career background in Mineral Processing - beneficiation and materials handling;
- Business Development skills;
- Hard dollar EPC project management experience;
- Commercial acumen;
- Strong client focus;
- Strategic mindset and appetite for innovation;
- Genuine enthusiasm for leading your team towards a common objective of exceeding your clients’ expectations.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time