HR Business Partner - Rollingstock Services
Job ID: 562579
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Categories: Human Resources
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rolling Stock Services has an exciting opportunity for a ‘Human Resources Business Partner’ located in Newport, VIC. The Newport site is committed to providing the highest quality of Rolling Stock & Overhaul services, for both the local VIC and greater Australian markets.
Exciting opportunity to join our Newport Facility in a key operational role as our HR Business Partner. The position of HR BP is responsible for providing operational HR advice to the internal client groups and employees on HR policy and processes. The role will see you as a trusted advisor and business partner to the business delivering professional and effective HR services, programs and activities. You will also get involved in driving Engagement throughout the business through the Engagement Survey Action Plans, Improving the Training database setting it up properly and increasing site compliance for VIC along with Leading investigations on Grievances/Disciplinary and at times Safety related investigations.
Ideally you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications related to Human Resources & Industrial Relations around Enterprise Agreements
- A minimum of five years of related experience in a similar role with experience gained in large, multi-site construction or rail environment (preferred)
- Experience in the support of IR/ER processes including the ability to negotiate Enterprise Bargaining Agreements
- Experience in providing effective operational HR advice and support to leaders on issues including policy interpretation, building talent etc
- Proven experience working to tight time frames in a changing environment and ability to work under pressure and manage stakeholder expectations
- Proven experience to deliver on time and close out operational HR matters
- Experience in engaging with the business and the ability to contribute as part of a team to develop the operational HR solutions.
- Great time management and partnering to stakeholders across multiple sites experience
- Tenacity in influencing and driving positive change
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- The ability to work on key rolling stock projects with an industry leader
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
- 12-month Fixed term position (potential to extend)
- Competitive remuneration package
- Based at our Newport (VIC) Site
This role is available for an immediate start, offering an attractive remuneration package.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
Please “APPLY NOW” via the online portal or for more information please contact Rachel Jones via email on Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time