Quantity Surveyor - Infrastructure Projects North (LNI)
Downer NZ’s commercial construction business is experiencing exponential growth as we offer our customers the benefit of our leading edge project management systems, financial strength and relationship focus. With New Zealand’s strong building opportunity pipeline in sectors such as education, criminal justice, defense, health and local government, our building business is well positioned to continue on this growth trajectory.
The Quantity Surveyor role will be part site based and part office based (around the Lower North Island). You will need to be commercially focused and have experience in QS/financial management of vertical and infrastructure projects, preferably within civil engineering contracting organisations. High levels of attention to detail, an ability to understand contracts and their intricacies, along with a commitment to high levels of client service are essential for this role.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role, with a strong focus on commercial construction and/or social infrastructure projects
- Experience in the procurement and management of multi-disciplinary sub-contractors
- High level of computer literacy including the use of accountancy based software
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in cost monitoring and reporting
- Implementer of financial controls and processes
- Ability to work autonomously as well as being part of a wider team
- Solid understanding of NZS3910 conditions of contract
- Strong Risk identification and management skills
- Excellent ability to build internal and external relationships
- Problem solving ability; with a wider strategic overview
- Relevant qualification, Degree/Diploma in Quantity Surveying
In return we offer:
- Challenging and rewarding position
- Multinational company, with a solid reputation
- Accredited Employer
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career across a diverse range of industries
To apply for this role please go to www.downercareers.co.nz and search for reference number 562624.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.
Back to search results