HD Diesel Fitters / Track Machine Operators
Job ID: 562644
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Perth, Canning Vale
Categories: Trades, Maintenance, Operations/Production
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Due to ongoing project success, Downer Group are now seeking interest from experienced Heavy Duty Mobile Plant Mechanics looking to diversify their careers.
Downer currently has permanent / long term career opportunities for Plant Mechanics within our Rail Maintenance division operating out of Perth.
Perhaps you are looking for full time / permanent ongoing work, interested in the Rail Maintenance industry or keen to mix mechanical maintenance with operating heavy rail plant such as Tampers and Regulators.
We operate in small teams maintaining and operating Tampers and Regulators across the varying networks within WA and are looking to bolster and expand our teams.
These roles are well-suited to a Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic with a high regard for safety and quality and the demonstrated ability to maintain, diagnose and repair mobile plant.
Point of hire for these positions will be Perth working on various rosters across Western Australia.
FIFO candidates from all Australian capital cities may be considered however Perth residential strongly preferred.
- Trade qualified Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic with mobile plant experience
- Experience in field breakdowns / diagnostics / fault finding
- Willingness to be trained to operate our fleet of Tampers and Regulators
- Flexible to work away from home (up to 14 days at a time)
- Ability to Fly in Fly out or drive in drive out of Perth as required
- A strong 'team player' willing to assist other workgroups when required ie. Track Construction or maintenance activities
- A strong commitment to a Zero Harm culture
WHAT WE OFFER
- Permanent employment, job security
- 2/1 variable roster with accommodation provided
- Living Away from Home Allowance
- Competitive remuneration
- Long Term Career opportunities
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
Apply for this great opportunity by clicking 'apply' below. For further information contact Nathan @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note emailed applications will not be accepted.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time