Risk Engineer - Link Alliance
The City Rail Link (CRL) Project is a game changer for Auckland and is the largest transport infrastructure project ever undertaken in New Zealand. The CRL is a 3.45km twin tunnel, transforming the dead-end station at Britomart, creating two new stations at Aotea and Karangahape Road and reconnecting to the network at a redeveloped Mt Eden station.
The Link Alliance is a consortium of local and international construction companies responsible for delivering the tunnelling, stations and the systems contracts. These companies include Vinci Construction Grands Projet S.A.S, Downer NZ Ltd, Soletanche Bachy International NZ Limited, WSP Opus (NZ) Limited, AECOM New Zealand Limited and Tonkin + Taylor Limited.
This position works with the Risk Manager and the delivery team to ensure that we are effectively and efficiently managing risk to the project objectives. This includes risk to time, cost, relationships, team culture, social outcomes and the project legacy. There is high level consideration of health and safety and compliance risks, but separate teams will manage the detail.
This is a fixed term opportunity, ending at construction completion in 2023.
Key functions will include:
- Facilitation of the risk management process, working closely with project managers and technical leads to capture, understand and treat threats, opportunities and uncertainties
- Maintaining the currency and relevance of the project risk register
- Quantitative analysis of risk to programme and budget
- Clear communication of risk information to senior management through briefings and reports
- Auditing the effectiveness of risk controls, both in the office and on site
- Providing leadership, encouragement and training to project staff to drive a proactive risk management culture
CRL has a highly dynamic risk environment with many complex and technical interfaces, requiring strong and relevant project experience. People come to risk management through many different paths and you may have not held a risk management role previously, but you will have had considerable experience in delivering infrastructure projects in a project management capacity. Great candidates will bring the following attributes:
- At least 8 years’ experience on infrastructure projects, some of which is major, multi-disciplinary projects
- Strong understanding of risk management and of the wider project management systems required to drive high performance outcomes, particularly cost and time management;
- Competency in development and maintenance of risk registers. Good familiarity with cost tracking/forecasting sheets and Gantt charts;
- Strong ability to understand and clearly communicate technical information, working across the project interfaces including consenting, stakeholder management, design, construction and operations;
- Great communication skills with the ability to engage people from site engineers through to senior managers. Able to facilitate small group workshops;
- Systematic and detail-oriented;
- Able to work independently but collaboratively as a team player;
- Full Class 1 driver’s license.
Apply today using job reference number 562694
All successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical
*Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.
Back to search results