- Head Office Location – Close to Public Transport
- Competitive Salary Package
- Career Development and supportive team environment
Are you passionate about accounting and payroll? Looking to find the opportunity to apply your expertise in both payroll systems and in accounting system? Do you have a passion for process improvement and an analytical mindset?
Work as a Payroll Accountant to support all manner of payroll related payment calculations including superannuation, PAYG withholding and balance sheet reconciliations as part of the Business Services Centre.
The Business Services Centre provides a positive environment to support our Businesses with continuous improvement opportunities and our people with training, development and career growth.
Reporting to the Accounting Services Supervisor the role will have several focus areas:
- Preparing payroll related 3rd party payments including Superannuation, Payroll Tax, Portable Long Service Leave and employee deductions;
- Reconciling balance sheet clearing accounts;
- Streamline processes through creation of reports, spreadsheet improvements and automation;
- Provide backup and support to other team members as workload fluctuates or leave is taken;
- Managing queries from employees and the Business; and
- Maintain good relationship with external parties such as State Revenue Offices and Portable Long Service Leave Boards.
Skills required for this role are:
- Effectively work within a large team and in partnership with the business;
- Analyse and process large quantities of data, communicate findings or actions required to relevant stakeholders;
- An eye for detail, ability to coordinate and juggle multiple tasks and priorities against set deadlines;
- An effective communicator both written and verbal;
- Contribute and collaborate in fast-paced and ever-changing environment; and
- Able to understand, work through and maintain complex spreadsheets.
Experience we are looking for are:
- Large ERP experience such as JD Edwards or SAP
- CA or CPA qualification
- Payroll Software experience such as Oracle, SAP and Chris21
- Working in a large and complex organisation
In return you will have the opportunity to learn and grow your career within Downer an ASX listed leader in delivering services across Australia ranging from trains and roads through to renewable energy and facilities management.
On offer is a competitive renumeration package and the foundation of a career with stability and continued professional developments and flexible working arrangements as we continue to expand as a business.
If you are enthusiastic and dedicated to establishing and growing your career we’d love to speak to you! Hit apply now or contact Chantal Dalli for more information on Chantal.firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to search results