Heavy Diesel Mechanic
Job ID: 562921
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
An opportunity has become available for a Heavy Diesel Mechanic to join the Plants and Assets team in Katherine, NT.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, the role would see you in a hybrid capacity working in the workshop as well as attending to service repairs on the Field. You will ensure that the highest standard of plant reliability and availability is achieved, whilst maintaining Downer’s Safety and regulatory standards.
- Trade qualified Heavy Diesel Mechanic/ Fitter or Equivalent (essential)
- Current HR Licence (essential)
- Current Forklift Licence (essential)
- Experience working on heavy mobile equipment, trucks and diesel engines
- Basic hydraulic knowledge
- Strong fault finding skills and break down support
- A good attitude and strong ‘team player’ with the proven ability to work efficiently with others
- Able to work unsupervised
- A strong commitment to a Zero Harm culture
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do.
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity working with an ASX Listed Company
For more information please contact: Yvette Michael on 0438 213 759 – Talent & Sourcing Business Partner, Infrastructure Services.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Central Standard Time