Project Manager - Rail Maintenance SA VIC
Job ID: 563075
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Melbourne, Somerton
Categories: Construction, Civil Engineering
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Infrastructure Services division operates three business units: Road Services; Infrastructure Projects and Utilities. As we continue our evolution of growth and innovation, the best people are critical to our success in supporting our customers and catering to market demands.
A fantastic opportunity is now available for a Project Manager to be a part of our emerging and rapidly growing Rail Infrastructure team based from our Melbourne (Somerton) office.
This is a key full-time role which will see you execute allocated rail maintenance infrastructure projects ensuring compliance with the specific project, contract technical program, environmental and safety requirements.
- This position must be medically fit to perform rail safety worker duties and is classified as a Level One (1) High Level Safety Critical Worker under the National Railway Health Assessment Guidelines
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Project Management or similar
- Appropriate Track Safe Working Certification & / or ability to obtain
- Demonstrated Project Management experience managing rail infrastructure projects
- Thorough understanding of the mechanical and railway track operation
- Supervisory and leadership skills allowing for the leadership of a team, including the ability to effectively manage a team, undertake conflict resolution and to give instructions.
- Well-developed planning and programming skills
- Financial analysis and management skills
- The ability to work autonomously with no supervision
- Understanding of commercial conditions relating to contract management, valuations, industrial environment
- Understanding and ability to interpret technical specifications and financial data and reports
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
For further information, please contact Susie Cooper at email@example.com. Please do not send any applications to this email address as they will not be accepted.
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK FOR AGENCY APPROACHES
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Standard Time