Project Manager - South Island
We are seeking a highly experienced Project Manager to undertake water construction activities across the South Island. This role is pivotal in growing the business and ensuring we deliver the next phase of growth.
This is a newly established role which will see you working closely with leadership and project teams to implement sound commercial and financial processes and ensure Downer are gaining maximum return from our contracts. The continuance and development of key customer relationships is an upmost priority whilst allowing the Downer business to continue to flourish and develop.
About your role:
Can be based in Tasman however travel across the South Island will be required and you will be responsible for;
- Managing resources including staff, plant, suppliers, subcontractors, and materials
- Proven experience of project financial / contractual management and strong commercial acumen in either a project or project support environment.
- Ability to provide visibility of risk and contract performance.
- Supporting and mentoring the project teams
- Ensuring commitment to zero harm, HSE, and environmental compliance
- Managing project budgets and financial project reporting
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with staff and customers
- You will be contributing to design and construction solutions for our client
You will need to be commercially focussed and have extensive experience working on Water Infrastructure or Maintenance projects and will bring with you;
- Strong experience in managing water construction projects
- A civil qualification in Engineering or relevant trade background is preferred
- Experience in Quantity Surveying or Estimating would be desired
- Excellent organisational skills and demonstrated customer relationship management skills
- Sound financial and administration abilities
- Strong commitment to health and safety initiatives
- A commitment to enhancing your skills and growing your career.
What we offer:
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in a truly diverse business. The environment is challenging and rewarding. We offer a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements and with Downer’s focus on training and development, this gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career. Don't delay! Apply now to join our great team by visiting www.downercareers.co.nz and entering 563082 into the keyword search.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Back to search results