Construction Line Mechanic - Streetlighting
Downer Streetlighting is a leading provider of end to end services, providing and delivering physical works for streetlight maintenance, renewal activities, construction and project associated services. In Auckland, we manage all matters relating to the maintenance and renewal activities within the streetlight network from Auckland CBD through to the south end of Auckland which covers more than half of the street lighting assets of Auckland.
As a Streetlight Line Mechanic, you will be involved in carrying out maintenance and repairs of new installations and existing lighting across your region. This work is physical and involves civil work such as digging, so you will need to be physically fit and you will need to be happy to get your hands dirty.
What we offer:
- A real focus on a safe work environment
- Well maintained vehicles, quality plant & equipment
- Health and Wellness benefits which include, free annual health checks, flu vaccinations and workplace assessments
- Discounted insurances and banking options
- Travel and accommodation discounts when you need it most - on your personal travel
- Flexible working options which helps you maintain your work-life balance
- We provide continuous learning by offering industry recognized training
- A varied, challenging role. Where else can you find an opportunity like this?
- Line Mechanic Registration and current Practising License
- Street lighting experience is highly desirable
- Current Full Drivers Licence must have minimum class 2, ability to drive a manual vehicle,
- Ability to operate excavators and HIAB.
If you tick these boxes and are looking for an exciting new challenge, then we'd love to hear from you! In return we offer the opportunity to be part of a great team, a collaborative working environment, a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to develop your career with Downer!
To find out more about what we do visit www.downergroup.co.nz or to apply visit www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 563196.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Back to search results