Job ID: 563230
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Procurement/Supply Chain
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rollingstock Services has a defining role as a ‘Purchasing Manager’, located in Maryborough, QLD. The Maryborough site is committed to providing the highest quality of Rolling Stock & Overhaul services, for both the local QLD and greater Australian markets. This opportunity would be attractive to professional seeking a Sea or Tree Change on the Fraser Coast (with close proximity to Hervey Bay and regions) whilst being part of a major ASX listed organisation.
The position of Purchasing Manager is responsible for managing a team that carries the responsibility of the task of sourcing the right parts, per the right strategy, at the right cost, at the right time & location. The position is responsible for leading the daily efficient and effective operation of the Purchasing function of Downer Rollingstock Services across the QLD region, specifically site based at Maryborough. Some key responsibilities will be ensuring all purchasing is in accordance with approved suppliers and in accordance with defined specifications, determining source and availability of products from approved suppliers and obtaining quotations from approved suppliers for agreed scopes of work.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Qualifications within a supply chain & procurement, and/or logistics related discipline
- Understanding of Project Management capabilities / Project management qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in supply chain, procurement and logistics practices within a manufacturing, engineering and/or logistics environment
- Experience in a similar role with a solid background in best practice supply chain and procurement functions
- Strong experience in Purchasing Management and leading and managing a team of purchasing/procurement professionals
- Experience with development & implementation of supplier readiness schedules that detail the readiness activity from point of contract award, to FAI (first article inspection), production readiness and transition into production build
- Strong communication skills with ability to interface with a wide range of stakeholder, ie Production and Engineering teams as required
- High level negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- The ability to work on key rolling stock projects with an industry leader
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
- Permanent full-time position with excellent career progression opportunities
- Competitive remuneration package
- Based at our Maryborough Service Delivery Centre (Free parking on site)
- Early start and early finish
We are looking for someone with solid Purchasing / Procurement background who has experience working in a complex project-based environment with a passion for leading a small team to success. You will ideally have a background in Rail, Civil or Manufacturing. You will be joining a highly skilled and supportive team with room for career development and growth within Downer Rollingstock Services.
If you are interested, please click “Apply now” or for further information contact Rachel Jones on firstname.lastname@example.org
“Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply”.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: E. Australia Standard Time