Job ID: 563258
Job type: Full Time - Permanent, Casual
Location: Canning Vale
Categories: Information Technology
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer is seeking a suitable certified Systems Engineer to join our Next Generation Technology team based in Perth. Our projects range from high end turn-key solutions to simple installations so experience in the commercial, industrial and local government fields would be favoured.
- Design and implement network infrastructure, hardware, and software for CCTV and security systems.
- Install, configure, maintain network services, CCTV equipment and applications
- Plans and supports network and computing infrastructure CCTV and security systems.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems.
- Documents CCTV/network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Meet and discuss with client, end users and other stakeholders, on the CCTV and associated networking infrastructure for the project design.
- Research and disseminate knowledge of existing, new and proposed products and services available within the CCTV/Security market place.
- Broad knowledge of the following technologies: CCTV, IP video, Intelligent Video, video storage & archiving, command/control display technologies and general Security system principles and practices.
- Good knowledge of technical infrastructure and integration technologies to include power, UPS, networking, communications,
- Good knowledge of storage systems, servers and VM technologies,
- Experience in designing and implementation of small to large scale integrated video management system security.
- Experience in programming and configuration of electronic security and access control system is desirable.
- Network experience to include WAN, LAN, network switch technologies and video transmission on IP networks.
- Ability to quickly develop professional and trusted relationships with a variety of cultures and clients.
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly and diligently.
- High level of self-motivation and an ability to work with a high level of initiative and limited supervision, in high pressure situations.
- Strong team player who can communicate, motivate and interact effectively with technical, commercial and clerical team-members.
- Production of Construction and documentation.
- Reasonable degree of IT Literacy – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint MS Project.
- Carry out any reasonable request relating to job scope.
WHAT WE OFFER
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and develop your career within a highly successful engineering organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, apply now.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role please click on the apply button.
If you have questions about this position, please email email@example.com. Please note that applications through email will not be accepted. Please submit your application online through the position advertisement.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: W. Australia Standard Time