Environmental Advisor - Bango Wind Farm
Job ID: 563266
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term
Location: Fyshwick, Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne
Categories: Health Safety & Environment, Construction, Civil Engineering
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has recently been awarded an $80 million Balance of Plant contract for the Bango Wind Farm project located approximately 30 kilometres north of Yass, New South Wales. This will see Downer deliver road upgrades, internal access tracks, cabling, turbine foundations and other site facilities.
We are now seeking to engage an experienced Environmental Advisor for the project. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will play a key role within the construction team ensuring the delivery of a successful project meeting environmental legislative, client and Downer’s requirements. The role operates on a 10 days on 4 days off roster, DIDO or FIFO and would suit an experienced Environmental Advisor with the demonstrated ability in the day-to-day management of all on-site environmental aspects within a construction environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Day-to-day management of all on-site environmental aspects including field testing, site inspections, and any monitoring requirements within their designated areas
- Function as a key role as part of the construction team
- Practical implementation of on-site environmental controls (eg erosion and sedimentation controls, incident response (including spills) and waste/spoil tracking.
- Implement and review Emergency response planning and response; test and control mechanisms and maintain documentation.
- Support the establishment of project specific environmental management system, procedures and tools to provide surety of successful project delivery and compliance with environmental plan.
- Support project induction and environmental management systems/tools training.
- Data capture, reporting, response and notifications to client, contractual and Environmental Regulator.
- Tertiary qualifications in the fields of environmental engineering, environmental science, statutory or strategic planning, environmental management or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in a greenfield environmental compliance role
- Demonstrated experience working within project teams in remote and challenging environments
- Knowledge of the current legislative environment as it applies to the responsibilities of the position
- High level written and verbal communication skills and a high level of negotiation skills and the ability to resolve problems
- Initiative, motivated & self-driven
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary package
- Access to Downer career development, financial, health and Lifestyle benefits
- Opportunity to work in a diverse and supportive environment
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this great opportunity, please click on “Apply Now” button.
Applications must be submitted through the on-line portal. For more information about this position please contact: Paul Kazoullis via email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time