Project Engineer - Road Surfacing
Job ID: 563292
Job type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines), Construction, Civil Engineering
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
About the Job
- Based In Darwin
- Full Time Role
- Immediate Start
Downer's Road business is one of the largest non-government owned road services business in Australia. We operate from a network of over 50 depots and maintain more than 30,000 km's of road. Our business is involved in many exciting ventures within the civil road industry throughout the state.
A challenging opening now exists for an astute Project Engineer to join our Road's Business. You will be involved in many aspects of civil infrastructure - including road surfacing, project management and minor civil construction. We are offering an opportunity to gain hands-on operational experience with an aim to mentor the next leaders within Downer.
Central to this role is to provide supervision and support across the business to ensure that all activities are delivered to a high level of excellence. This role would be suited to someone with some exposure with the civil road industry.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or a related Civil Roads discipline.
- Have a willingness and enthusiasm to learn all aspects of our business.
- Exposure to the Tendering Process
- Understanding of the importance of Zero Harm work practices.
- Possess strong skills in planning; organisational and time management.
- Some demonstrated ability to work with people both in a team and as a leader.
- Advanced computer skills, in particular MS Project and Excel.
In return we offer
- Commitment to offering you support throughout your career with Downer
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward thinking company
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development
- Competitive remuneration package
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. For more information about this position contact Paul Dossis – National Recruitment Manager – 0417 076 352 or email@example.com quoting reference #563292. Please note emailed applications will NOT be accepted.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: AUS Central Standard Time